For all Microlet® lancet devices / blood sampling devices such as Microlet®2 / Ascensia® Microlet® / Ascensia® Microlet® Vaculance and many more puncture aids such as One Touch®, One Touch® UltraSoft® (LifeScan), Freestyle (Abbott), GlucoJect Dual® (Berlin-Chemie), BD Optimus (BD Medical).
The MICROLET lancets are now silicone-coated and therefore slip gently into the skin. The silicone coating reduces the force required to penetrate the skin while reducing the needle friction with the skin. The colorful MICROLET® lancets bring color into the diabetes day and can help you think about the regular change of lancets (for example, a different color every day), because lancets are sterile disposable products:
Tipps for a gentle blood production:
1. Warm hands/ stimulate blood circulation: Wash hands before the blood collerction with warm water and dry well. Massage the fingers with the thumb towards the fingertips until they are warm and rosy.
2. Individual insertion depth: The insertion depth of the lancing device should not be selected too deep. The lower the penetration depth, the less painful is the blood production. Many blood glucose meters require only very little blood for an accurate measurement (eg the CONTOUR® requires only 0.6 µl). Set your lancing device to the optimum depth of penetration - as much blood as necessary, as little pain as possible. The MICROLET®2 lancing device has the same 5 different depths.
3. Optimal puncture point: The side of the fingertip is particularly suitable for low-blood production, because there are only few nerve endings.
Or try to gain blood at alternative body sites using the MICROLET®2 lancing device or the MICROLET®-VACULANCE lancing device (please refer to the operating instructions).
4. Silicone coating: The silicone-coated MICROLET® lancets glide very softly into the skin, because the special silicone coating reduces the force required to penetrate the skin and at the same time reduces the needle friction with the skin.
5. Lancets are disposable products: Any lancet is softer when used for the first time. Re-used lancets become dull and make blood production painful.
The colorful MICROLET® lancets can help to think about changing regularly (for example, a different color for each day!).